LIST  June 2015

LIST June 2015

And now a break from the debate

P Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jun 2015 23:53:18 -0400

Dear Forum members:

Perhaps like me, some of you may be wearying of the consistent
comparative politics and comparative economic discussions that seem to
repeat themselves every few months on this board, with no regard to
prior rounds of academic citations and clips.

In our company, we do not suggest how Japan 'should' change, unless
asked.  Instead, we have to work with our clients as best we can to help
then succeed given the way Japan currently 'is now'.

I want to say that I especially enjoy the contributions of Alexander
Kinmont, Dave Pike, Todd Kreider, Minoru Mochizuki and Rodney Armstrong,
among many others, in their efforts to regularly call into question the
conventional (and so often mistaken) conventional wisdom on Japan as
well as on various aspects of Japan society and government found so
frequently in the conventional mainstream media like NYT and Washington
Post, etc.

Now, in a small effort to offer a break from our never-ending Senkakus,
right-wing politics, free speech, "Japan is going to fall into the ocean
never to be heard from again if it doesn't change"-type recent
discussions, I would like to offer this link from MTV Australia about
the newest style of dog grooming in Japan -- 'squaring'.

http://www.mtv.com.au/travel/news/shaving-dogs-into-cubes-is-a-new-japanese-craze-and-we-cant-stop-staring

Has anyone seen any such live specimens like those in the photos, in
person?

Pete Williams
SUCCESS STORIES: JAPAN
www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4354845