LIST  June 2015

LIST June 2015

Re: And now a break from the debate

Peter Durfee <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:03:03 +0900

On 2015/06/11 12:53, "P Williams" wrote:

>Now, in a small effort to offer a break from our never-ending Senkakus,
>right-wing politics, free speech, "Japan is going to fall into the ocean
>never to be heard from again if it doesn't change"-type recent
>discussions, I would like to offer this link from MTV Australia about
>the newest style of dog grooming in Japan -- 'squaring'.
>
>http://www.mtv.com.au/travel/news/shaving-dogs-into-cubes-is-a-new-japanes
>e-craze-and-we-cant-stop-staring
>
>Has anyone seen any such live specimens like those in the photos, in
>person?

The white pups in the first shots are actually mannequins, not real dogs,
used in a dog-trimming contest in 2012, as seen here.

http://www.sepia-pet.com/blogs/2012/12/20121.html

The other photos are evidently from Taiwan.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/04/23/what-never-seen-a-dog-with-a-perfectl
y-round-or-square-face-before-【pics】/

We may need to look elsewhere than “MTV Travel” for accurate information
on this country and its animals.

--
Peter Durfee
Director and Chief, English Editorial Dept.

Sign up for our email newsletter:
http://www.nippon.com/en/newsletter/